No one has to face cancer alone.
Wellspring Calgary is a warm and welcoming community that provides a comprehensive range of support, resources and programs so anyone living with cancer and the people who care about them can improve the quality of their lives.
A cancer diagnosis can turn your life upside down.
Wellspring Calgary members ‘get’ that. At Wellspring Calgary, anyone with any kind of cancer, as well as their family members and caregivers, at any point along the cancer journey, will find a unique set of evidence-informed programs, resources and support — as well as laughter, camaraderie and understanding — all under one roof – and all provided free of charge.
Since it opened in 2007, Wellspring Calgary has evolved into a community labour of love and compassion. We receive no core government funding, but instead exist thanks to volunteer and financial support from generous community members, businesses, and people … LIKE YOU.
Not a runner? Please don’t be intimidated – this is a FUN walk and run for ANYONE and EVERYONE. Not able to be with us on April 8th? Please consider still taking part by making a donation and by encouraging others to do the same.
Wellspring Calgary is a beautiful example of what happens when many people come together in many ways to make a profound difference in people’s lives. We believe no one should have to face cancer alone — and I invite you to play a role in making that possible.
Simple Steps to help you join the Wellspring Warriors Light it Up Calgary Team!
1. Visit HERE
2. There is a chart with all the Event Names. Beside Team Registration click on Register Now! ***It is very important that you click on “Register Now!” beside “Team Registration”, if you choose the option beside 3KM Walk, 5KM Run/Walk or 10KM Run you will not be able to choose which team you want to join.
3. You will be asked for your running room account information or to sign up for an account, You can leave this area blank and simply click on (“continue”).
5. On the second page, answer the first four questions including which distance you will be participating in (3KM, 5KM or 10KM) and then under the team section select “Team Member”.
6. Select the Wellspring Warriors Team
7. Enter the team password tin25viz
8. Continue with the regular registration process! Don’t forget to purchase your Light it up Calgary Buff , event t-shirt and/or headlamp.